channel your inner Sherlock Holmes and follow the clues to win!
In anticipation of our upcoming production of The Hound of the Baskervilles, Virginia Stage Company challenges community members to channel their inner Sherlock Holmes with a “Seven Days of Mystery” scavenger hunt in Downtown, Norfolk.
Starting Wednesday, February 14, a poster will be placed in a different business every day for seven consecutive days. Clues will be posted on our social media sites every morning. Once the poster is found, participants will have to take a picture and tag both Virginia Stage Company and the business for a chance to win free tickets to Opening Night (including the post-show cast party) on Saturday, February 24, and other prizes.
Full terms and conditions below.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Three actors play more than 20 characters in this hilarious spoof of beastly proportions. Directed by Mark Shanahan, this production is “a sublimely funny adaptation of Arthur Conan Doyle's classic,” which lovers of the Watson and Holmes duo will enjoy. A fast-paced comedic ride, filled with verbal and visual ingenuity, The Hound of the Baskervilles follows the dynamic pair of Watson and Holmes as they debunk a family ‘curse.’ Following the original storyline of Doyle’s classic tale, this play is filled with twists and turns that transform the plot into a modern day satire. Authors Steven Canny and John Nicholson adapted this classic British story expressly for laughs.
The Hound of the Baskervilles begins previews on February 21 with an official opening night on Saturday, February 24 and closes March 11. Tickets for each performance range between $20 - $55 with discounts for groups, students, and the military. For more information about group tickets and events, contact Heather Plym at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No purchase necessary. Participation in this contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement with and acceptance of these official rules.
Contest Period: Virginia Stage Company's 2018 “7 Days of Mystery Contest” (the "Contest") begins Wednesday, February 14, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. ET and ends at 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 (the "Contest Period").
Eligibility: The contest is only open to ages 13+.
How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To enter the contest, each entrant must:
- Be an authorized account holder of Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook;
- Be a follower of @vastage on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook
- Find the designated Contest poster at a participating business as referenced by the daily clue posted from one of the official Virginia Stage Company (“VSC”) Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts;
- Take a selfie with the Contest poster, post it to your social media account and tag both the VSC account and the participating business’ account on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
Limit of one (1) Entry per person per day during the Contest Period. Daily First Prize Winners are not eligible for further prizes.
All Entries must be submitted from a valid account.
Prizes: Daily First Prize consists of up to two (2) tickets to attend the opening night performance of The Hound of the Baskervilles on Saturday, February 24, 2018, at 7:30pm at the Wells Theatre, preceded by a champagne reception. Prize includes admission to the post-show Cast & Crew party. Prize must be used for the this performance. Prize may be transferred to a another individual, designated by the winner in advance (deadline for transfer is Friday, February 23, 2018, at 5pm). Other daily prizes will be awarded to random participants at the discretion of Virginia Stage Company (up to a $60 value).
- Claiming your Prize: Upon successful contact via Direct Messaging on the social media platform used to enter the contest, the winner will be required to provide certain contact information (e.g. full name, telephone number, email address) within 24 hours so that Virginia Stage Company can contact you to set up your tickets. Tickets will be available for pick up one hour prior to showtime at the Will Call window in the VSC Box Office at the Wells Theatre.
Prize has an approximate retail value up to $110. Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not transferable, refundable, for resale or convertible to cash, as outlined in Contest rules. This Contest is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.